Home Ed Group
“Let Nature be your teacher.”
Regular sessions are intended to build children’s confidence and self-esteem through achievable tasks. Forest School encourages team work and effective communication with others.
Parents, you may stay or take advantage of 2 hours of peace and quiet!
FREE taster session
Under 8’s – 2nd Tuesday of each month
10am – 11.30am
Over 8’s – Last Friday of each month
10am – 12 noon
What goes on at HE Forest School?
- Friendship Building & Teamwork
- Achievable tasks that build self-esteem
- Invisible Learning
- Bushcraft skill development
- outdoor play and learning in a woodland environment.
Things we’ve done so far:
- Making natural paint
- Tool use
- Fire lighting using natural resources
- Harvesting seasonal produce and campfire cooking
Health & Safety
Please be aware that staff at Fir Tree Forest School are not permitted to apply sun cream to children, we ask that a high factor sun cream is applied prior to the visit, and that a labelled bottle is included in the child’s bag for them to re-apply if needed.
Clothing & Footwear
- Sturdy footwear
- Warm clothing
- Waterproof coat (and trousers if you have them),/li>
- Sun hat
Fir Tree Forest School reserve the right to take photographs at its summer holiday club for promotional purposes only. Any parent/carer wishing their child to be excluded from any such pictures must ensure that “no” is circled on the H&S form.